Do I need a lawyer for my personal injury case?
No. The legal system is set up in such a way that you can do it yourself. There is absolutely no requirement to hire a lawyer. While the process can be confusing and difficult to manage, and lawyers are trained to know the system and how to manage it, you absolutely can do it yourself.
It can be tempting to try to save money on attorneys’ fees by filing your own lawsuit, especially if you think your case is very strong. Many people take this path, and some resolve their claims to their satisfaction without having a lawyer involved. Others always wonder if they could have done better if they had hired a lawyer.
It is important to remember that in a situation where an injury is serious or where death occurred, the defendant will almost always hire the best legal counsel they can afford as soon as they are notified of your claim. If they have a lot to lose, they are going to spare no expense to protect it. Hiring a lawyer can help you level the playing field, providing you with the same kind of advice, guidance, and counsel.
At the Lietz Law Firm, we will take the time to talk with you and help you decide if hiring a lawyer is right for you. We offer free initial consultations, and we do not get paid unless your case is successful.
Get answers to your questions…
- After my injury, how long do I have to file a lawsuit?
- Can I fire my personal injury attorney?
- Can I sue a transit authority for my injury?
- Do I have a car accident case?
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- Do I have a workplace injury lawsuit?
- Do I need a lawyer for my personal injury case?
- Do most personal injury lawsuits settle out of court?
- Do the plaintiff’s actions affect damages awarded?
- How long will a commercial vehicle accident lawsuit take?
- How long will a truck accident lawsuit take?
- How long will an auto accident lawsuit take?
- I was injured in an accident and need an attorney. What should I do?
- What are “damages,” and what different types of damages exist?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- What kind of cases related to wrongful death in DC has Lietz Law handled?
- Will I have to testify in court?