How long will a truck accident lawsuit take?
There is no set amount of time for how long any lawsuit will take. There are a lot of reasons for this. One reason is that the US courts are very busy, mostly with criminal cases that take priority over civil cases like a truck accident case. It may take a considerable amount of time to get a trial date simply because the courts are overworked.
Another reason is that when you are injured, you usually aren’t initially sure how you are going to heal. Sometimes, injuries heal quickly and easily. Other times, injuries are slow to heal, develop complications, or require additional treatments or surgeries. If you move too quickly to resolve your legal action before reaching what is known as “maximum medical improvement,” you can end up in a situation where you settle or get a verdict that does not take into account all your injuries, or that undersells how long and painful the recovery process is.
There are many other factors that can affect the length of time that a lawsuit takes to resolve. Having said all that, must truck accident cases resolve within 12 to 18 months after filing a lawsuit. However, regardless of the time it takes to resolve a case, what is most important is that you hire an attorney who keeps the lawsuit moving forward in a smart way, and who keeps you in the loop about why your case is taking the amount of time that it is. We at the Lietz Law Firm pride ourselves on bringing cases to resolution as quickly, but also as wisely, as we can.
Get answers to your questions…
- After my injury, how long do I have to file a lawsuit?
- Can I fire my personal injury attorney?
- Can I sue a transit authority for my injury?
- Do I have a car accident case?
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- Do I have a workplace injury lawsuit?
- Do I need a lawyer for my personal injury case?
- Do most personal injury lawsuits settle out of court?
- Do the plaintiff’s actions affect damages awarded?
- How long will a commercial vehicle accident lawsuit take?
- How long will a truck accident lawsuit take?
- How long will an auto accident lawsuit take?
- I was injured in an accident and need an attorney. What should I do?
- What are “damages,” and what different types of damages exist?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- What kind of cases related to wrongful death in DC has Lietz Law handled?
- Will I have to testify in court?