If a DC wrongful death tragedy occurs, who is eligible for compensation?
If a third party acts in a negligent manner, and those actions contribute to someone’s death, certain individuals are entitled to sue for damages. The exact rules vary by state, but generally, surviving spouses, children, other next of kin, and parents of victims may benefit from a wrongful death lawsuit.
The defendant’s actions in a wrongful death lawsuit may be intentional or unintentional. They may be the sole cause of the victim’s death or one of many contributing factors.
Untold numbers of wrongful deaths go wholly unpunished because victims’ families did not pursue legal action. If you have any concern that a third party may be to blame in the death of a loved one, it is important to speak with an experienced wrongful death attorney right away. The quality of evidence begins to deteriorate immediately after an accident – memories fade, records get lost, and unfortunately, evidence gets deliberately covered up by defendants. It is important to move quickly in order to preserve and gather evidence and also to stay ahead of the statute of limitations against wrongful death that may exist in your jurisdiction.
Get answers to your questions…
- Airplane accidents
- Auto Accidents
- Civil Litigation
- Commercial Accidents, Wrongful Death and Catastrophic Injury Lawyer
- Contact Us
- Critical Injury
- Firm & Practice
- Firm Leadership
- Frequently Asked Questions
- After my injury, how long do I have to file a lawsuit?
- Can I fire my personal injury attorney?
- Can I sue a transit authority for my injury?
- Do I have a car accident case?
- Do I have a personal injury case?
- Do I have a workplace injury lawsuit?
- Do I need a lawyer for my personal injury case?
- Do most personal injury lawsuits settle out of court?
- Do the plaintiff’s actions affect damages awarded?
- How long will a commercial vehicle accident lawsuit take?
- How long will a truck accident lawsuit take?
- How long will an auto accident lawsuit take?
- I was injured in an accident and need an attorney. What should I do?
- What are “damages,” and what different types of damages exist?
- What is the difference between mediation and arbitration?
- What kind of cases related to wrongful death in DC has Lietz Law handled?
- Will I have to testify in court?
- Get help now with your case. It matters.
- If a DC wrongful death tragedy occurs, who is eligible for compensation?
- Legal Services
- Map and Directions
- Train and light rail accidents
- Truck accidents
- We Focus Exclusively on Wrongful Death and Critical Injury Cases:
- Why Hire The Lietz Law Firm
- Workplace Injuries
- Wrongful Death